Disney. Summer. Florida. Heat.
Yup all those things go together. But you can survive Disney in the summer. If you are a teacher like me or don't want to pull your kids out of school summer may be your only option for a Disney trip. So how will you do it?
- Get to the parks early to avoid the hottest part of the day.
- Use Endura Cool towels. Store them in Ziploc bags. Wet them in the sink in the restroom, wring them out, snap them to activate and place around your neck.
- Wear sunscreen, hats, and sunglasses. Even on the kiddos.
- Use misting fans
- Drink lots and lots of water. Use a refillable water bottle and refill it at water fountains during the day.
- Find in door AC to cool off. Shops, inside shows, etc.
- Take that mid day break back at the resort to swim and relax. Then head to the park when the sun goes down.